Artoonix

Your creation, your inspiration
It is currently Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:12 pm

All times are UTC

DO U THINK THERE SHOULD BE A SEPERATE GALLERY?
YES 50%  50%  [ 2 ]
no 50%  50%  [ 2 ]
JUST DONT DELETE THE VIOLENT ANIMATIONS 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 4
 Post subject: SEPERATE GALLERY?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:05 am 

many submissions have been removed by moderators due to graphic violence or blood, some people spend alot of time on these animations only to have them instantly be removed, even after all their hard work,
artoonix is for younger kids but, many older kids like to use the program as well, to makle things fair i think there should be a seperate gallery for older kids, so there work doesnt just get waisted because its to violent or has things younger kids shouldnt see,
so make a NEW GALLERY FOR JUST THOISE ANIMATIONS OR A GALLERY FOR OLDER KIDS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:51 am 
Site Admin

>>>>> copied from General discussion topic >>>>>>
Dear Anthony,
Thanks for your comments. Artoonix has been created for kids and is used by already a large number of them. That also means that all parts of artoonix website should be freely accessible by people of any age. That is our philosophy and is not likely to change in the future, i'm afraid. As such, the gallery will be moderated to make sure that there are no offensive materials of any kind. There are other websites that do have special \"adult\" sections (youtube.com is the most known one) so you can always submit your animations there, should they be inappropriate for artoonix.com.
As far as loosing your work, I do hope that you keep your animations on your computer, not only on our website? The gallery here is not for storage of animations made in artoonix and, like we mentioned from the beginning, the submissions will be moderated, so they can also be removed.
Btw, should we see re-posting of the same offensive material, we will ban the users.
Hope this answers your questions, and I do encourage you to submit your animations and movies to our gallery, as long as they comply to our policy.

cheers,
youri

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 2:26 pm 

Quote:
Artoonix has been created for kids and is used by already a large number of them ... the gallery will be moderated to make sure that there are no offensive materials of any kind ... should we see re-posting of the same offensive material, we will ban the users.

ABSOLUTELY RIGHT
I've just posted into a couple of other threads with a cautionary tale about the types of submission that the Artoonix team are clearly keen to avoid.

There is nothing wrong with creating blood-lust movies or those featuring unpleasant content as long as the submissions are restricted to specific areas where fans of such work can access them. But on a site, and for software, that is designed for access and use by young children, there can be no valid excuse .... unless you're one of the cohort who feel that any young child should be able to see and experience absolutely anything. Heaven help you if you are.