Post subject: Bricks DTX Style
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:09 pm 

A old upload to the gallery:

http://www.artoonix.com/UploadedFiles/Bricks.swf

to:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xr42OJYyB2U

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:13 pm 

Not bad! But the movement which the man make while he's nailing is just... Strange! 4 stars! Next time a want a true movie!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:45 pm 

you mean i want a true movie. thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:23 pm 

natartoonixtweener wrote:
you mean i want a true movie. thanks

I mean a true cartoon, with a story, funny jokes and characters! A true movie!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:54 pm 

Pennaz91 wrote:
I mean a true cartoon, with a story, funny jokes and characters!

I agree Riccardo. I become really tired and bored with all the tiny little tests and experiments which never seem to develop into anything. Shapes that flip over. Balls that wobble. Icons that change position etc. etc. That's fine for when users are starting to use Artoonix - but not when that's all that seems to ever be uploaded even after they've been using the program for a year or more. Where's the imagination?

I often wonder if its because some users can't be bothered to spend time and patience on developing a really good idea and storyline. It's as if they want to finish fast and get it uploaded just to have a large collection. Not so long ago, the Artoonix Submissions gallery was swamped with masses of short, repetitive uploads (some were even copies of the Artoonix demos!!). There was never any sign of development - just an apparent wish to fill the screen with tiny uploads. That eventually crashed the Artoonix system.

Even when I upload experiments or demos, I try to make them interesting; a bit unusual; to last longer than just a few seconds, and to have some interesting ideas or visuals. But when it comes to main uploads, these can take days or weeks to finish. I'm sure YOU understand that because your movies really ARE mini-movies and clearly involve a lot of patience, time and imagination. You actually seem to be one of only a tiny number of Artoonix user who are making animations that can truly be called 'movies'. 'Peteruk56' used to do the same, although now I think he's mostly moved on to using other software.

The idea I'm working on at the moment will hopefully fall into the 'movie' group, but it will probably take a month or more to finish, although admittedly I'm only working on it for an hour or so a day as I have a lot of other things to occupy me (such as having recently spent nearly £1000 on two new guitars that I enjoy playing, and with plans to buy at least one more when I travel to Gloucestershire to visit my favourite guitar dealer).

So yes - I agree with you. Here's hoping that some of those Artoonix users who have been around for a year or more start to harness their skills and imagination so that we see some 'true movies' and not just excerpts or teasers for projects that never materialise.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:53 pm 

See new message into the TIPS part of the forum.

http://www.artoonix.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=2608#2608