Artoonix

Your creation, your inspiration
It is currently Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:03 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:00 pm 

I've uploaded demos of deformation being used in four very different contexts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXkvP7zaVJ0

In each example, deformation is used to create useful effects that would be hard to do in any other way. Where 'ghosting' occurs, this is done deliberately.

Demo 1 - THE WINTER WINDS DO BLOW - first part done with frame-by-frame animation; the second part uses some of the same sequence of frames but with tweening to create the effect of a stronger wind.

Demo 2 - TREASURE HUNTER - No tweening here and quite tricky to do to stop the tentacles totally losing definition.

Demo 3 - KLATTU BARADA NIKTO - Deformation only used in a few places. I was pleased with the effect at the end where the Earth is destroyed.

Demo 4 - SADNESS IN THE HEART OF A GHOST - Tweening used for all keyframes. I was surprised how well this worked. The key was to make each new keyframe only slightly different from the last one. I also used the Color Picker with the Soft brush and Opacity to remodel the face. This is a side of Artoonix that I don't think many users discover or develop ... it can almost be used like a simplified version of any good image editor.