Artoonix

Your creation, your inspiration
It is currently Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:36 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:50 am 

This thought occurred to me as I contemplated making a correction to a project that I completed a long time ago. (The 12-part Showreel).

As I've commented before, after completion of a project, I usually delete it because the file sizes can be huge, but for special projects I sometimes keep them and transfer them to a separate hard drive.

It was after copying part of the showreel back onto my main hard drive that I suddenly remembered a a previous thread in which an idea was floated about whether it would ever be possible to copy parts of projects with associated soundtracks and paste them into other ongoing projects.

The new thought for a new feature that occurred to me was to wonder if it would ever be possible to import complete existing project files into an ongoing project - again, with any associated soundtracks.

You can already import sequences of saved ipa files - I do that a lot - but think of the possibilities if you could work on a project scene by scene and save them in that form - and then, at the end, import them one after the other to assemble the final thing. One of the problems with working on a long or complex project is just how slowly and erratically Artoonix can play the file, but if it was possible to work and save scene-by-scene, this problem could be overcome.

I suppose you could use existing features to save projects as sequences of ipa files, but wouldn't it be more efficient and space-efficient if you could just access and import the raw project files? And besides, the existing function doesn't allow for the importing of sequences together with their soundtracks.