Artoonix

Your creation, your inspiration
It is currently Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:24 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:07 am 

I'm getting tired of the increase in spam that is being received as PM's (6 instances so far), so I have now redirected all messages from Artoonix into my spam filter which automatically intercepts and deletes before anything reaches my Inbox.

Unfortunately this will also filter out any replies to posts, so now I'll simply check the forum every few days to catch up on any interesting posts or discussions.

I've just checked the memberlist and ALL members I reported for sending me spam PM's over the last few weeks are still listed.

And it isn't just me who's getting these messages ....

http://www.artoonix.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1823

My original thread about this new trend of Spam personal messages was started on August 8th -

http://www.artoonix.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1800

An associated message was

http://www.artoonix.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1814

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:29 pm 

Spam PM's still arriving and none of the spammers I've reported have been barred. I have now changed my email address so that no messages can be sent that way - it effectively redirects everything into the void because, technically, it doesn't exist. (Although obviously it does because I was able to verify the changeover).

Something needs to be done as the technique of using PM's seems to be the main way spammers are using this forum.

Remember - if you receive any spam in the forum of a PM, copy the entire message (including the sender's membername) and send it to admin via email BUT DO NOT CLICK ON ANY LINKS IN THE MESSAGE.

It is important for members to know that some spammers now pretend to be part of the Artoonix team and use false identities such as La****OOT or Adm*****LX or they attach false URL's such as **ww.artoonix.****** which under NO circumstances should be clicked.

Last edited by KayNine on Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:22 pm 

================= UPDATE ================

Just asked another member to test the system.
I temporarily allowed access to email and both that and the PM system were used.
No messages appeared for the sender, and nothing appeared for me.