Artoonix

Your creation, your inspiration
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:52 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:06 am 

Hey,
I have been working much more with the multi-frame operation commands, and it really makes life easier-but......

I do have a slight problem with importing multiple images- using import /export frames to files- for operations like like creating moving images and pasting them onto a prepared background series...

Even though I am careful in preparing the images, and exporting them as .ipa files, when i \"paste them\" they are never the same scale or location on the screen, and I am always re-sizing and re-locating them with the multiple frame functions. It works but it is extra work-
I tried all the settings ( I think) - what am I doing wrong?
PS
My newest tricks are:
- importing movie clips ( works wonderfully!) and with the multiple
images function, you can put them anywhere any size!
- preparing better backgrounds and loading them with the
\" multiple mages\" function (makes doing kool moving backgrounds
easier!)
- cleaning up and fine-tuning using the multiple image functions
- using the \" mirror image/invert \" tab ( great tool)

EV

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:03 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
Even though I am careful in preparing the images, and exporting them as .ipa files, when i \"paste them\" they are never the same scale or location on the screen, and I am always re-sizing and re-locating them with the multiple frame functions.

Interesting... Do you use \"Import frames from files (Ctrl+F)\" to paste .ipa images into a project? Could you please describe your process of importing the images in details?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:05 am 

ev wrote:
I do have a slight problem with importing multiple images- using import /export frames to files- for operations like like creating moving images and pasting them onto a prepared background series ........ when i "paste them" they are never the same scale or location on the screen, and I am always re-sizing and re-locating them with the multiple frame functions.

I'm having trouble figuring out what you're doing wrong here. A step-by-step list of every stage that you follow might help - although maybe Youri or Andrei can see the problem straight away.

The process you describe of importing one or more images and also of creating an animated sequence which is then exported as a set of ipa files before being imported back into an ongoing project is exactly what I do again and again and again. I've even used it in all the non-animation guitar shop tribute movies that I've recently been making with Artoonix, so I'm at a loss to identify your problem.

Importing multiple images shouldn't be a problem although, of course, if they're clipart or photos, they'll need individual rescaling, but Artoonix has no problem applying rescaling ratios to multiple images either. Again, I did that a lot when importing photos of the guitar shop. I just imported the lot, highlighted them all and used Object Properties height and width % to make them all the same size

Somewhere along the line you're breaking away from 'standard practice' but I'm not sure where .... not unless there's a clue in your phrase '... pasting them onto a prepared background series...'. It's the word 'pasting' that worries me, but it may just be that you're using that term to refer to the process of importing.

So, to go back to what I said at the start ... a step-by-step list of every stage that you follow might help - unless Youri or Andrei can see straight through to the heart of your problem.

Sorry not to be of more immediate help.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:09 pm 

Hey,
I will do that, thanx KayNine.
Should I post that in the forum? or email? Youri?
EV

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:59 pm 
Site Admin

I suppose you can do it here in the forum

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:50 pm 

ev wrote:
Should I post that in the forum?

Peronally I'd say 'Yes'. Post it as a reply to this post so that the topic stays together as a thread.

Your query and apparent problem (and any subsequent solution) could be of real help to any other user who wants to explore the use of exporting and importing sets of ipa files.

The one piece of advice I'd emphasise is that you make a short concise note of every stage that you follow (remembering to identify whether you're working on a frame in the editor or on a set of frames in the main view). List these in order and then add a brief description of (a) what happens and (b) what you expected to happen.

That should be enough.

One other tip - I'd suggest using markers such as (a), (b), (c) etc. instead of 1) 2) 3) unless you disable smilies or 8) will show up as a happy face!

Looking forwards to your eventual summary of actions.