Artoonix

Your creation, your inspiration
It is currently Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:10 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:50 pm 

In case you're interested in the idea of creating objects or characters with multiple pivot points (eg: for legs, arms, knees, elbows, hands, neck etc. etc), and in case you haven't spotted them in the gallery, Bintins and myself have created 3 sequential demos. (They came about because Bintins wasn't sure how to use Artoonix in this way).

UPDATE --- Having a bit of spare time today, I have stitched the three demos together and uploaded the subsequent single demo to Youtube. Some text has been removed and replaced with other tips. It is important to understand that the actual movement around the frame of a multi-jointed character needs you to have the registered version of Artoonix .... as you should realise by the end of demo 3.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7XY3_M_c1U

The method we evolved is NOT the same as the one I demonstrated in my own Youtube uploads many months ago.

I'm not going to write a walkthrough as I never really felt that anybody used any of the ones I used to write - but if you're experienced at using Artoonix, these three new demos should be enough to give you a clear idea of what to try.

The three demos which are now built into the new Youtube upload cover the following topics -

Multi-jointed scarecrow - easy with v1.11
This shows how we created a scarecrow using imported clipart that was cut up to make a character with nine pivot points. These were then moved more or less at random to show how the method works. A few clues about the method were added as text.

Multi-joint demo
This demo was made following a couple of PM's posted via Artoonix. It gives a few more explanations of how v1.11 has helped to solve the problem of animating a multi-jointed character.

Multi-joint character moves around the frame
This demo was made very quickly using the previous demo - but what happens is that the scarecrow now moves his limbs and also moves around the frame as well as changing size. This isn't perfect because it was made in 30 minutes - but it's still a clear example of how multi-jointed characters CAN now be made and moved around the frame very easily.

The one key thing you have to do is to THINK AHEAD
In the final demo, I simply used what we already had, so it's all a bit random.